+Quote Post
Cannibal Lover
post May 16 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #2

Crap VIP

Group: Admin
Member No.: 608

Part 1 of my review ...

So today I went to Best Buy to pick up the DVD. The first thing I noticed is that the DVD is stocked in the comedy aisle under the letter 'N' instead of the letter 'E' because the official title is "National Lampoon Presents Electric Apricot: Quest for Festeroo". Something important to be aware of if you are shopping for the DVD!
(IMG:http://craptv.com/paul/IMG_1014.JPG)
As you can see, both sides of the cover look great with the promotional artwork on the front and the band pictured on the back. The colors are a perfect match for the soundtrack and movie poster. The designers did a really good job.
(IMG:http://craptv.com/paul/IMG_1017.JPG)
In case you can't read the back of the DVD box pictured here, it says the following:

"NATIONAL LAMPOON Presents THE INCREDIBLE STORY OF A BAND WITH NO LIMITS, NO FEAR AND NO CLUE"

"Festeroo is the Mecca of "jam" festivals and Electric Apricot is the odd band of eccentric characters that is doing whatever it can to get there! Legendary front-man/bassist Les Claypool wrote, stars and helms this hilarious "mock-umentary" that pokes loving fun at the lifestyles of traveling jam bands, their fans and their culture."

"FEATURING Seth Green (Robot Chicken), Matt Stone (South Park), Bob Weir (The Grateful Dead), Warren Haynes (Gov't Mule), Mike Gordon (Phish), Arj Barker (Flight of the Conchords) and Wavy Gravy (living legend/flavor of ice cream)."

"BONUS FEATURES - Commentary from Les Claypool and Jason McHugh - Band interview with High Times Magazine - Wisdom from Warren Haynes, Bob Weir & Mike Gordon - Aiwass & The Cube - Birth of Lapdog - More Wisdom from "Tapers" Seth Green & Matt Stone AND MUCH MUCH MORE"
(IMG:http://craptv.com/paul/IMG_1018.JPG)

The DVD itself has the Electric Apricot logo and black color. All in all I would say the entire package is very appealing.
(IMG:http://craptv.com/paul/IMG_1019.JPG)

In part 2 I will review the contents of the DVD. Stay tuned ...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rongravy
post May 16 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #3

What up, mofeckle?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,140

Ever thought of becoming a hand model...?

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
evil_monkey87
post May 16 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #4

I am the Keymaster! Are you the Gatekeeper?

Member No.: 571

Yea man, great George Costanza hands. But on topic-thats quite the thorough review. Awesome...I still need to pick this up on DVD.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
rinygrin
post May 16 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #5

ℳɪss ℛiny

Group: Organizer
Member No.: 1,334

I hate to say it but...

She had man hands :P

--------------------
user posted image

Bob Dylan: "Look, do you want a banana before you go to bed?" Tiny Tim: "No, I have my own fruit with me."
+Quote Post
Cannibal Lover
post May 26 2008, 04:47 AM
Post #6

Crap VIP

Group: Admin
Member No.: 608

So here is part 2 of my review with the contents of the DVD. First off, the menus are totally awesome! In addition to animated graphics with Electric Apricot's logos and artwork, their signature tune "Burning Man" plays continuously and there are cool dissolve effects between the various menu screens.

The menus are well-organized and easy to navigate with a main screen, chapter selections, Electric Apricot bonus features, audio setup (selections for English subtitles and director's commentary), and National Lampoon bonus features.

The movie itself is presented in widescreen format, looks beautiful and sounds great. Not much to add, since I loved the movie it was great seeing it again! It's definitely a film you will want to watch over and over.

Additionally, there are these Electric Apricot bonus features:

- The commentary track, with Les Claypool and Jason McHugh, runs the full length of the movie and is well worth listening to. It's pretty informative and fun to hear the director's and producer's take on making the movie while filling in tons of details and the story behind it all.

- "High Times Interview" is hilarious and features the band members getting high and answering a lot of questions with a High Times reporter.

- "Icons on the Icon" features some good clips of Warren Haynes, Bob Weir and Mike Gordon giving their opinions of the Electric Apricot logo.

- "Aiwass and the Cube" features a funny scene with Aiwass meeting the band's number one fan "The Cube".

- "Birth of Lapdog" features another great in-character interview with Les Claypool's character Lapdog.

- "More from the Loyal Order of Tapers" contains a deleted scene with Seth Green and Matt Stone talking about taping Metallica.

- "In-Depth Interview with Producer and Director" contains extensive additional commentary by Les Claypool and Jason McHugh on the making of Electric Apricot.

- The "Electric Apricot Theatrical Trailer" rounds out the Electric Apricot bonus features.

All in all the Electric Apricot bonus features are plentiful and nicely chosen.

Finally, the National Lampoon bonus features consist of two trailers for National Lampoon productions. A "DVD Extras Loop" plays all the DVD bonus features in a loop, which is also nice.

To sum up, this is an amazing DVD loaded with awesome features in addition to a great film that you will want to watch over and over again. Go buy it!
+Quote Post
Rachelyrach
post Jun 9 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #7

Crap VIP

Member No.: 1,290

i checked it out from my awesome 70,000 title video store.
here's the review i posted on facebook... the first ea review on facebook. :gordo:

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 02:10 AM