Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Federation Soccer Cup 2009

Kitten
post Jun 25 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Crap VIP

Group: Members
Member No.: 560

I'm kinda being an attention whore putting this topic nyah. I was wondering if Sir Jasonage of McHEWage is watching this.

I don't think many US-ians are interested in soccer never mind the Federation Cup currently taking place in South Africa. My 11 year-old nephew who is sport mad and will watch almost any sport is the only person I know who's really following it.

I think Mr Jason my be interested.

Especially now that (jesus mary and josephus!) the USA have beaten several superb teams to get to the FINAL! I genuinely didn't think the USA would be capable of beating Spain, European Soccer Champions, in the semi. But they bleedin' did.

A Tale of American resistance

The USA pulled off arguably its most historic win in Bloemfontein on Wednesday, getting the better of a Spain team comprised of some of the biggest names in world football. The semi-final victory was vindication for many of the US players, who defended manfully against the world's top-ranked team. As Europe's finest charged, an American rearguard, largely unknown and unsung, held firm. FIFA.com caught up with some of the humble heroes after the final whistle.

------------------------------------------
Who the US will play in the final is being decided right now, between Brazil and host nation South Africa. The final is on this Sunday 28th June.

BTW as far as I understand it this tournament is a kinda warm-up played between various countries who are champions of various other tournaments, kinda, for the South Africa to do a 'dry-run' for the actual World Cup being held there next year.

--------------------
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jason McHugh
post Jun 29 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Full of Crap

Group: Admin
Member No.: 495

QUOTE(Kitten @ Jun 25 2009, 12:10 PM)
I'm kinda being an attention whore putting this topic nyah.  I was wondering if Sir Jasonage of McHEWage is watching this.

I don't think many US-ians are interested in soccer never mind the Federation Cup currently taking place in South Africa. My 11 year-old nephew who is sport mad and will watch almost any sport is the only person I know who's really following it.

I think Mr Jason my be interested.

Especially now that (jesus mary and josephus!) the USA have beaten several superb teams to get to the FINAL!  I genuinely didn't think the USA would be capable of beating Spain, European Soccer Champions, in the semi.  But they bleedin' did.

A Tale of American resistance

The USA pulled off arguably its most historic win in Bloemfontein on Wednesday, getting the better of a Spain team comprised of some of the biggest names in world football. The semi-final victory was vindication for many of the US players, who defended manfully against the world's top-ranked team. As Europe's finest charged, an American rearguard, largely unknown and unsung, held firm. FIFA.com caught up with some of the humble heroes after the final whistle.

------------------------------------------
Who the US will play in the final is being decided right now, between Brazil and host nation South Africa.  The final is on this Sunday 28th June.

BTW as far as I understand it this tournament is a kinda warm-up played between various countries who are champions of various other tournaments, kinda, for the South Africa to do a 'dry-run' for the actual World Cup being held there next year.

That was amazing and we almost beat the mighty Brazil yesterday too! But they came back and kicked our arses 3-2! Tough day for England today after my Craut friends handed them a 4-0 beat down!!

--------------------
If not the best, nothing less!
http://www.craptv.com/store/index.php
Whatever
+Quote Post
Kitten
post Jul 1 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Crap VIP

Group: Members
Member No.: 560

I'm stunned that the USA did so well - at soccer for crying out loud! ;)

And being 2-0 up at half time in the final - jaysus. Yer heart must have been in your mouth.

The old rivalries are still hard to get over in some soprts - like a match between England and the Krauts. England fans will still remember the beatings they gave Germany in the past so the fans can have so memories to keep them warm at night...

--------------------
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 04:33 PM